Pages

8.03.2010

silhoutte

I guess I should explain why it's called "silhouette in warm gray"...
other than it just sounding nice...

silhoutte can be defined as:

the image of a person, an object or scene consisting of the outline and a featureless interior, with the silhouetted object usually being black...

From its original graphic meaning, the term "silhouette" has been extended to describe the sight or representation of a person, object or scene that is backlit, and appears dark against a lighter background. Anything that appears this way, for example, a figure standing backlit in a doorway, may be described as "in silhouette". Because a silhouette emphasises the outline, the word has also been used in the fields of fashion and fitness to describe the shape of a person's body or the shape created by wearing clothing of a particular style or period.




with that said...and my affinity for abstract thought as well as art...I've chosen to think of a silhouette abstractly for the purposes of my blog. the blog entries you'll find here will be merely a crude representation of who I am...you'll get a few tid bits here and there that will make up a whole...

warm gray 11 (color is represented in the background of the title)..um it's just a nice color...no? silhouettes are thought of as being black, i think life is too messy and complicated for things to be just black and white...I prefer to live in the gray...

"yes...but..."

No comments:

Post a Comment